So you want to take advantage of a better mortgage or release money from your property?
At Hill & Abbott we can guide you through the process as simply and quickly as possible. As part of the process we will take care of the initial paper work and undertake the relevant legal checks. As part of the process we will review the terms of your existing mortgage so that we are confident that there are no hidden surprises that may affect you later in the process.
A remortgage is where a borrower with an existing mortgage chooses to replace it with a new loan, either from their existing lender or a new lender.
With different lenders offering different interest rates and packages, many people take the opportunity to review their mortgage.
Timing is often critical to avoid paying redemption penalties or face increased payments on standard variable rates.
We will guide you through the whole process showing you what you can do to speed things along and avoid delays:
Hill & Abbott will:
- Request title deeds and redemption statement from current lender.
- Receive mortgage offer, carry out any necessary searches and ensure mortgage conditions can be complied with.
- Prepare documents for signing and report to you.
- Check redemption figures on your existing mortgage.
- Confirm completion date with you and the mortgage lender and request money from lender.
- Pay off existing mortgage and forward surplus to you.
- Register new mortgage with Land Registry and remove any old mortgages.
Whilst you need to:
- Choose your mortgage and provide the lender or broker with all the information they require as soon as possible.
- Receive and check mortgage offer.
- Return mortgage deed and any form’s requiring signature to us.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is signed and returned to lender.
Your mortgage lender will:
- Check that you are eligible for the loan and carry out valuation report.
- Issue mortgage offer.
- Pay mortgage monies to us.
With our free initial telephone conversation and no hidden costs policy, finding out more about your remortgaging options is straightforward. Call us today on 0800 633 5543