Viewpoint Hill & Abbott Solicitor passes annual Lexcel assessment
The team at Viewpoint Hill & Abbott Solicitors is delighted to announce that we have once again passed our annual Lexcel assessment.
The prestigious Lexcel practice management accreditation is awarded to only those law firms who meet the highest management and client care standards.
Since Viewpoint Hill & Abbott Solicitors became Lexcel accredited, we have continued to develop our practice management and client care standards. As always, our aim is to ensure that our team can provide the best possible service and legal advice to all the clients we work with.
The visiting Lexcel assessor said of the accreditation:
“I am satisfied beyond any doubt that Viewpoint Hill & Abbott Solicitors, continue to meet the requirements of Version 6.1 of the Lexcel Standard.
“The Practice should also be highly commended for the ways in which it has developed, and refined, its communication processes because of the impact of the coronavirus.
“Hill & Abbott Solicitors remains an extremely well run and extremely well-managed Practice – again made all the more noteworthy by the fact that it has been sustained in a further period of significant ongoing change and development.
What does Lexcel Accreditation mean for our clients?
Client care is a key aspect of achieving Lexcel Accreditation. Lexcel Accredited practices must:
- Explain the process, the different options, costs and likely timescales to you.
- Tell you the name of the person or people responsible for your matter and explaining the advice that will be provided.
- Keep you up to date using your preferred method of communication and ensuring work progresses.
- Tell you when unforeseen issues affect the original cost estimate and timeframe and explain the impact.
- Tell you when the work is completed. Explaining further action that may need to be taken and whether you are likely to need more advice in the future.
Comments from our Director
Linda Burke, Director of Viewpoint Hill & Abbott Solicitors, comments:
“We are extremely proud of our achievements over the past year, with significant business changes as well as the impact of coronavirus and adapting to the “new normal” working environment.
“We have every confidence that our team will continue to go from strength to strength working hard to deliver exceptional client care.”