It was most certainly a night to remember for the 299 guests of Farleigh Hospice’s #LoveFarleigh Gala Ball at Chelmsford City Racecourse on Saturday 24th February. Hill & Abbott Solicitors were grateful to sponsor this wonderful event for the third year running.
The event was hosted as part of our #LoveFarleigh campaign, which runs throughout February and asked our supporters to help us “spread the love”. Attendees of the evening were treated to a four-course meal with table entertainment, raffles, casino, live music, diamond raffle and a live auction which included a Box at Brands Hatch for 8 people, African Safari’s, two night stay in Germany, a signed football from Arsenal Football Club and lots more.
We raised over £28,000.00!
Kerry Huggins, Operations Manager here at Hill and Abbott, said: “The Farleigh charity is so important in the Chelmsford community. In my experience you don’t need to talk to many people to find someone who has had a loved one, cared for by the Farleigh Hospice. The lovely people at Farleigh looked after one of our team only last year, so we have a very strong connection and are always happy to support any events that we can.”
Our sincere gratitude goes to everyone who made the night possible:
- The volunteers & Staff
- The hosts, Chelmsford City Racecourse
- The harpist, Louise Creasey
- Tiffany’s Balloons for providing the balloon centrepieces
- The magician and Master of Ceremony Mystic Mick
- one for providing the photobooth
- Will Arnold, for his beautiful heart-warming speech
- Funky Casinos for providing the casino
- Three Mile Hill for providing the wonderful musical entertainment
- Everyone who donated decorations
- Everyone who donated raffle prizes and items for our auction;
- Charity Escapes and Hilton Hotel Cologne Germany
- John Tisshaw of Warlingham Wines
- Zulu Nyala African Safari’s
- Mercedes Benz
- Braintree Golf Club and Benton Hall Golf Club
- Down Hall
- Sarah Dufosee of Acacia Beauty Rooms
- Charlotte Tilbury
- Virgin Active
- Bounce Fit
- Mrs Flower for the Pandora bracelet
- Tonia Mayo of Jeanette’s Florist
- The Magic Roundabout, London
- Henry’s Burgers
Farleigh Hospice supports people within mid Essex who are affected by life-limiting illnesses.
It costs £16,039 every day for Farleigh Hospice to provide their services.
In 2016-17, Farleigh Hospice provided care and support, free of charge, to 8,257 people and the hospice relies on fundraising, donations, and gifts left in Wills to provide vital services for local people affected by life-limiting illnesses.